Project Description

The ferry crossing from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland took more than six hours, and on the first sight of land was the Channel Head Lighthouse.  The lighthouse is located on a small island near the Port aux Basques harbour.  This is one of the few remaining cast iron lighthouses from the 19th century and was built in 1875.